Chicken Caesar Salad is a classic, and this homemade dressing won’t disappoint! Yes, you have to mentally get past adding raw egg yolks and sardines (I did, anyway), but once you do, trust me, this salad holds it’s own against any restaurant caesar, and you’ll never buy caesar dressing in a plastic bottle from the grocery store again! To keep the calories in check, make sure you control portion size!
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
Ingredients (Yields 6 servings)
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 slices of your favorite bread, torn into roughly 1″ pieces
- 4-6 chicken breasts, approximately 4oz per serving
- Shredded parmesan for garnish
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 anchovy filets
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Chop together anchovy fillets, 1 small garlic clove, and a pinch of kosher salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in egg yolks, fresh lemon juice, and dijon mustard.
- Gradually whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil, then remainder of 1/2 cup oil; whisk until dressing is thick and glossy.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan. Season with salt, black pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Place hand torn bread pieces in a large bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil, while hand mixing. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet in preheated oven at 450 degrees until toasted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Grill or sauté chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, slice into 1″ strips, and allow to cool.
- Place all chopped lettuce, croutons, and chicken in large bowl and pour all dressing over. Gently hand mix until everything is well covered.
- Divide between 6 plates and sprinkle a little parmesan over for garnish; enjoy!