This chopped kale and turkey salad with tomatoes, red onion, red bell pepper, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and homemade hummus dressing is incredible. Kale is full of nutrients and the lemon hummus dressing pairs perfectly with the sweet smokey flavor of the honey roasted turkey. One of my favorites!
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
- 1/2 of a large head of kale, washed and trimmed (or use premixed bag)
- 2 cups chopped honey roasted turkey deli slices; nitrite-free, organic
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 of a large red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well until fully coated. Let salad sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with chopped turkey, additional pumpkin seeds, and walnuts if desired.