This Mediterranean couscous with grilled chicken salad has mint, lemon, garlic oil, squash, zucchini, red bell pepper, goat cheese(or feta), and herbs to set it apart from all of the other salads in this series. It’s best to bulk prep the grilled chicken over the weekend, so it literally takes 10 minutes to throw this one together.
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
Ingredients (Yields 4 servings)
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, cooled and sliced
- 2 fresh yellow squash, sliced into circles
- 2 fresh zucchini, sliced into circles
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Dried parsely for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season and grill chicken breasts, allow to cool then slice into 1″ thick slices. Set aside.
- Saute squash, red bell pepper, and zucchini in large saucepan over medium-high heat until slightly brown. Turn heat off and leave pan on burner to stay warm until ready to serve.
- Bring water to a boil then turn burner off and add couscous, vegan butter, and a sprinkle of parsley. Stir and allow to absorb all water; about 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4th of the couscous into a bowl. Layer 1/4th of the squash, pepper, and zucchini on top of the couscous, followed by 1/4th of the chicken strips.
- Crumble goat cheese over, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mint, garlic, and sugar in bowl and whisk.
- Pour 1/4th of dressing over each of 4 salads and enjoy!