No summer salad collection would be complete without egg salad! I’ve kept this classic recipe simple, because it’s extremely tasty without needing a lot of extra additives. Boiled eggs, mayo, mustard, celery, onions, herbs and spices, and that’s it!
Ingredients (Yields 4 salads)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 4 pieces of bread, toasted (Udi’s gluten free is my fav, and what’s pictured)
- 4 small navel oranges (Cuties brand are my fav, and pictured)
- 4 small bunches of red seedless grapes
- 12 boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup Kraft olive oil mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Juice from half a lemon
- Garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Smart Balance vegan butter
- Boil eggs until cooked, approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from water and rinse under cold water until cool enough to peel. Set aside for a few minutes to cool while preparing salad.
- Plate spinach, peel oranges and place on plate with grapes.
- Toast bread, apply vegan butter, and sprinkle with garlic salt. Cut into croutons and place on salad.
- To make egg salad, cut boiled eggs in half and remove yolks. Place 6 in a bowl, discard the other 6. Add mayo, mustard, dill, parsley, lemon juice, celery, red onion, salt/pepper to taste, and stir until smooth. Chop egg whites into small pieces and fold into mayo mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Place on top of salad and enjoy!