This grilled chicken salad with blueberry vinaigrette is light, fresh, and exploding with fruity flavor. The citrus tang of the fresh oranges pairs well with the nutty flavor of the whole pecans and pungent goat cheese, and the homemade blueberry vinaigrette is fantastic!
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
Ingredients (Yields 4 servings)
- Chicken and Marinade
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup blueberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 fresh mandarin oranges, peeled and deseeded (I buy the ‘Cuties’ brand)
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into slices.
- Divide fresh spinach among four serving plates. Top each with chicken, blueberries, oranges, and pecans. Whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over salads; sprinkle with cheese.