No summer salad series would be complete without a meal made completely on the grill! Everything on this salad can be tossed on the grill at various times over about a 20 minute time frame, and the smokey chargrilled flavor begs to be served on the back deck, patio, or porch!
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
- 2 6-ounce portions skin-on salmon fillet
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly-squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato, 80% cooked in microwave, then cut into slices
- 4 ounces mixed baby salad greens
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Kraft olive oil mayo
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Dried dill
- Prepare the grill for direct grilling with temperature around 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush the salmon with olive oil and season liberally with salt. Reserve.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium-size bowl. Toss in the green beans and lightly season with salt. Reserve.
- Lightly brush each slice of sweet potato with olive oil and lightly season with salt. Reserve.
- To make the dressing, whisk together olive oil mayo, rice vinegar, and dill in a large bowl. Reserve.
- Place the potato slices over the cooler part of the fire. Since they were mostly cooked in the microwave, just leave them on long enough to form grill marks and finish cooking, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place the salmon over the hottest part of the fire with the skin side up. Cook until the fish starts to curl away from the grill and the skin side becomes flatter, about 5 minutes. Turn the fish so that the skin side is down, and cook for about 5 minutes more. Add the green beans at this time.
- Grill the green beans until just heated through and lightly marked. Remove immediately. The fish and potatoes should be ready at about the same time. Remove the fish when the flesh flakes under medium pressure. Leave the skin behind on the grill by sliding your grill turner between the meat and the skin.
- Re-whisk the dressing and then gently toss the salad greens in the bowl. Divide onto 2 plates. Top with the tomatoes, eggs, potatoes, beans and salmon. Season with pepper. Enjoy!