No summer salad list would be complete without potato salad! But this is no ordinary mayo-mustard and taters salad, this is creamy pesto potato salad with grilled chicken and edamame! Although I am responsible for the recipe, I’m NOT responsible for addiction!
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
Ingredients (Yields 2-4 servings)
- 15 medium sized gourmet multi-color potatoes, washed, and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and cut into bite-sized cubes when cooled
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups edamame, shelled
- 3/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, add a dash of salt to the water, and cook for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and let cool.
- Season and grill 2 chicken breasts, allow to cool, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Put the garlic cloves and pine nuts in blender. Process on low speed until combined. Add the basil and cilantro and continue processing on low speed while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Blend/pulse for about 30 seconds, until everything is combined smoothly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes with the pesto. Add the edamame, grilled chicken, goat cheese, and red onion and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 day before serving, enjoy!