This shrimp salad with coconut brings a fresh splash of tropical flavor and has a dressing I guarantee you won’t find in a plastic bottle on a grocery store shelf! Grilled shrimp, marinated in coconut vinaigrette, served with craisins, white grapes, shredded coconut, almond slivers, and homemade coconut dressing.
Want one on one support with Beachbody programs like P90X3, Focus T25, Body Beast, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity? Make me your FREE coach and get more recipes like this one and my commitment to help you reach your health and fitness goals!
Ingredients (Yields 4 servings)
Dressing and Marinade
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette to use as dressing.
- Drain and discard vinaigrette from shrimp bag. Saute shrimp over medium high heat. I seasoned with Jamaican Jerk seasoning from Whole Foods for an extra kick of flavor. Cook 5-6 minutes until pink throughout.
- Divide the salad ingredients among four plates; top with shrimp. Serve with reserved vinaigrette.
Fat 19 g
Carbs 46 g
Protein 22 g